In versions of ERP-Link prior to version 4.2.x, several configuration files were used to configure the various components in an installation. In ERP-Link 4.2.x and later, a single configuration file is used.
"Legacy files" are files for versions prior to version 4.2.x, such as ContentRepositoryConfig.xml, DSMConfig.xml, and TimerServiceConfig.xml.
- Open the ERP-Link Administration Console application from the Windows Start menu.
- Click File > Open to open the Configuration Service
- Create a new configuration.
- Open this configuration in the Administration Console.
- From the Tools menu, select the Import Legacy Configuration option (the Import Legacy Configuration dialog box will display).
Click the type of file that you want to import, browse to the configuration file that you backed up in Uninstalling Older Versions, select it, and click the Import button. The message appears at the bottom of the box that the configuration loaded successfully.
Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for each file. You can import as many files as you want to.
Click X at the top right corner when you have imported all the desired files.
If you did not have ERP-Link Document Service Modules in the previous installation, there will not be any DSM Configuration file to import.
When the import completes, the ERP-Link Administration Console contains all the configuration information that was set in the imported files. For example, the three files imported into the console that display in the following figure contain a complete configuration.
- Click File > Save to save the configuration. This action causes the configuration to remain in the Configuration Service when you close the application.